We’re pleased to announce that we have added even more shows to an already massive line-up!
Shows added to the line-up for the festival which runs 4th to 9th March are:
– As seen on “The Project”, award winning comedian Charlie Pickering
– Barry Award Nominee Hannah Gadsby (“Adam Hills Live”)
– As seen on Channel 10’s “This Week Live”, Tom Gleeson and Tommy Little
– Also appearing Australian comedy legend Rob Quantock, Sammy J (“Wednesday Night Fever”) and the Radio Variety Hour
– Emerging local and national comedians Dayne Rathbone (RAW Comedy Winner 2011), Alice Fraser, Aggressively Helpful, Greg Kimball and Hamish Hudson
– A late night Festival Club on the Thursday to Saturday nights
Our first announcement in December included two special shows by Doug Anthony All Stars, as well as shows from Jimeoin, Jeff Green, Glenn Robbins and Dave O’Neil. These additional shows take the total number of shows during the festival to over 50.
Canberra Comedy Festival Director Tim Duck says “One of our goals for this festival was to increase the number of shows on offer. We now have a large and diverse line -up of great comedy that we believe audiences will appreciate. We have had a great response to the first release of tickets on sale, and we expect that to continue with this latest announcement.”
To secure your tickets head to our shows page now.
Opening Night Gala
We are also now able to announce the line-up for our Opening Night Gala in Canberra Theatre on Tuesday 4 March. The show will be hosted by Tom Gleeson and will feature Doug Anthony All Stars, Urzila Carlson, Matt Okine, Jeff Green, Sammy J, Luke Heggie, Daniel Connell, Edwina Nelson, The Stevenson Experience and Dayne Rathbone.
To secure your tickets to the Gala head here now.
The Canberra Comedy Festival is supported by the ACT Government and is proudly run by Canberrans from the local Comedy scene in Canberra. Production is assisted by volunteers who are local amateur and professional comedians. The festival will allow the wider community to experience Canberra’s vibrant and burgeoning arts community centred on stand-up comedy.